Molecules and their interaction relevant to Biology
CSIR means the Council of Scientific Industry and Research. NET means National Entrance Test. UGC means University grant commission.
This unit part has the study material on Basic chemistry, Biomolecules, Metabolic studies, Enzymology, and Protein conformation.
Unit 1 Syllabus
- Structure of atoms, molecules, and chemical bonds.
- Composition, structure, and function of biomolecules (carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids, and vitamins).
- Stabilizing interactions (Van der Waals, electrostatic, hydrogen bonding, hydrophobic interaction, etc.).
- Principles of biophysical chemistry (pH, buffer, reaction kinetics, thermodynamics, colligative properties).
- Bioenergetics, glycolysis, oxidative phosphorylation, coupled reaction, group transfer, biological energy transducers.
- Principles of catalysis, enzymes and enzyme kinetics, enzyme regulation, mechanism of enzyme catalysis, isozymes.
- The confirmation of proteins (Ramachandran plot, secondary, tertiary and quaternary structure; domains; motif and folds).
- The conformation of nucleic acids (A-, B-, Z-, DNA), t-RNA, micro-RNA.
- Stability of protein and nucleic acid structures.
- Metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids metabolism, amino acids, nucleotides, and vitamins.
This is the complete topic wise study material on Unit 1: MOLECULES AND THEIR INTERACTION RELEVANT TO BIOLOGY.
- What are the Clinical significance of Purine metabolism?
- What are the Secondary Structure of Proteins?
- ATP cycle: Structure and role of ATP in biochemical reactions
- What is Thermodynamics? Explain the Thermodynamic Laws?
- VITAMINS: What are Vitamins and its sources (Basic Guide)
- Membrane Protein Diffusion and Its Types
- Electrical Properties of Cell Membranes
- Cell Membrane: Structure, Function, and Role in Health and Disease (plasma membrane)
- Animal Cell- Definition, Structure, Parts, Functions, Labeled Diagram
- What are Vacuoles? Why these are called Storage Bubbles?
- What is Mendelian Law and Mendelism?
- Introduction to genetics and heredity
- Mutations: What is Mutations and its types
- Down Syndrome: Genetic Disorder of Humans
- What are Chromosomal Abnormalities?